Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Red hot sale alert





It's highly tempting to keep this one to myself - after all, why would I want anyone else to nab these fab bargains? Wild Child Originals, purveyors of my dream household furniture - oodles and oodles of 20th century pieces, lots of covetable Danish items - are having a warehouse clearance sale to get rid of all their stock in the Harolds Cross warehouse in order to get ready for the move into a new city centre furniture retail premises. It's a three day event, starting on Thursday 23rd July with a wine reception and sale preview from 6.30pm to 9.30pm for all customers on the wwww.wildchildoriginals.com mailing list (if you're not on it just visit the website to sign up), and then it will be on from 12pm to 5pm on Friday 24th and Saturday 25th. And when they say sale, they mean a seriously hardcore sale: there is an absolute minimum of 50 per cent off all stock, and bargains include vintage leather sofas from €200, Danish dining tables from €400, teak and rosewood sideboards from €200 and Eames rockers (two only) €200. I am tempted to start queuing now - and, for once, I am not exaggerating. I go on to the Wild Child website I'd say once a day to gaze longingly at the sofas. And not only do I now have a house to put one in, I may even be able to actually - *gasp* - afford one! Current favourites include, from the top: Danish distressed leather three seater with rosewood legs; Danish black leather four seater with solid oak frame and down filled cushions; Wikkleso two-seater in tan leather with teak frame (perfect for the front room methinks); Wikkleso sofa recovered in Kvadrat fabric with solid teak legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment