Monday, March 5, 2012

No such thing as too much




Frankly, I just can't get enough Marimekko. It's not just the fun and the colour and the cheekiness and the cheeriness of their prints; it's what they do - they cater wonderfully for my two favourite activities, eating and sleeping. My green and white leafy-print Latvassa korkealla Marikmekko bedlinen cheers up my bedroom no end, and it is unusual without being so out there that it won't mix and match nicely with other prints and throws. I still have to nab some of their little kitchen bits. Isn't it so reassuring to know that if you need a little retail therapy pick-me-up you don't need to save for the rest of the year, or wait until your birthday, or put it on your credit card (and battle with the ensuing guilt, not to mention the bill). You can pick up something pretty and functional and actually not bonkers expensive - like a teatowel, or a tin, or even a cloth. I'm all about making the mundane things a little more gorgeous. You can get Marimekko products in Inreda on Camden Street in Dublin. Or, if you just can't wait to give yourself a little treat then see what's on offer online right now at the Finnish Design Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment